Sunday, November 13, 2011

Craft Ahead: Broken Clips

When my grandmother died, I somehow got a bit of her jewelry. I was really close to her, so I couldn't bring myself to throw away any of the things.

As I got older, pieces here and there were lost or destroyed some how. I felt bad that I didn't have anything left of hers.

Until I cleaned out my storage unit and found her "Titanic" jewelry set. Remember the necklace Rose had? My grandmother had a sterling silver CZ replica of it. Not to talk ill of the dead, but holy crap it was gaudy. I like loud things, but this was ridiculous. Sorry Granma.

She also had a pair of earrings that were mini-blue versions of the necklace that I adored. The backing broke on one of them and I've been meaning to do something with them but could never figure something out.

Then I got the bright idea to E6000 them to a hair clip.

So simple, I feel stupid for not thinking of it sooner.

Basically, you take the earring, take a regular dollar store hair clip, glue the two together and VOILA!
Oh God, have I told you I LOVE my camera. :3

Now go destroy your jewelry box!

No comments:

Post a Comment